Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Strong Princess

We were invited to a princess birthday party today.  It was soooo over the top and  I hate to say it but..... amazingly wonderful!  As much as I dislike the whole princess mentality I bought into this event.  Watching these girls in their magical world of dress up and pink with Snow White was quite special.  They were so mesmerized and happy it's hard to see the negatives.  Been meaning to read this book

I was very proud of P who chose to color a pirate picture instead of a princess. And I LOVED that she decorated her little take home purse with sparkles, a butterfly and a FOOTBALL! When asked what she was going to be when she grew up she said a basketball player.  I have no idea where she got that from. We've never discussed basketball specifically. I love that despite being surrounded by all this girlie girl stuff P was steadfast on who she is.  Love the strength of character I'm seeing so far.   

No comments:

Post a Comment