Thursday, April 14, 2011

Furry Money

Sesame Street just launched a money lesson for children called For Me, For You, For Later. I haven't gone through the whole thing yet but I love the concept.  My parents were not big earners but they lived well beneath their means.  As a child that translated to hearing a lot of "no" for the things I wanted but I never knew where the money was going.  My parents have four properties completely paid for, no debt and a stellar credit score. 

I don't think I have the best money management skills. But I'm learning. Both Dave and I are. We're hoping to help P avoid our mistakes and give her a better understanding of the value of money.  I like I can now call on Elmo to help explain these concepts to her....and maybe to Dave and me while were at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment