Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tick tock...

Every time G goes down for a nap I swear I can hear a ticking start. It's the ticking of the timer until her nap is over.  I'm starting to see a pattern of when her naps are just an hour and when they can be 3-5 hours long.  

When the timer goes off my mind scrambles. What to do first?  Should I rest and relax? I'm perpetually tired these days. Or should I do laundry, dishes, tidy up the house, write on my blogs, answer emails, do research on future purchases, organize, make the next meal, etc, etc?????

And because I'm attempting to do so much in so little time I often end up doing half of this and a little of that so when G wakes up I have cut up carrots and onions but no meal. Or laundry folded but not put away. Or worse, piles of folded laundry all over the couch. 

I think I'm going to start writing to do lists so that I don't have to think about what to do and instead just hit the next thing on the list.  Hummm, but even that doesn't work. If it's later in the afternoon then a meal must be made to be ready for 5-6ish.  If P is with me then often spending time with her takes precedence over everything else.  Sometimes she's rather play alone. I'm literally at the whim of two kids and feel like I'm constantly putting out fires instead of be proactive. How did this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment