Monday, October 15, 2012

Gemma Stands!

Im so far behind in posting so many events. They're happening very fast and I'm also very sleep deprived.  I'm going to back post starting with this major event!  Gemma stood on her own for the first time!

I was putting laundry away. I usually leave Gemma on her playmat and check in on her as I go in and out of the living room.  I came back after 10 seconds to find her doing this!  She was standing on her own. I think what I love the most about Gemma is that she is very aware of her accomplishments and always has a huge smile on her face. She beams with pride. I love that she is so aware, so soon of her progress! 

It seemed she was standing much earlier than Annika. But as I looked back on Annika's diary I realized they're about the same. The difference is on how they approach things. While Annika won't something until she feels 100% confidence she can succeed, Gemma baby steps things until she has it all down.  Completely different approaches. I need to keep this in mind as I teach them each new skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment