Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ballet Continues

P has been in ballet long enough to outgrow her first tutu and ballet shoes.  She continues to love it.  I like that it's given her a personal relationship to classical music. Swan Lake was playing on the radio and she recognized it right away.  It's giving her flexibility and getting her to do controlled body movements.  She has also learned to listen. It was hard at first but I now see her following Ms Sara really well.  We've made new friends through it. And the best part is that I see it building her self confidence.  We'll do a few weeks of ballet camp this summer.  Three hours of ballet a day!  We'll see how that goes.

On another note, I'm so not into the sparkly, frilly, poofed out tutus.  I'm more "Fame" style. I love what Natalie Portman wore in "The Black Swan". Thank God P likes it to! Phew!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment