Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rio

We took P to see Rio a few weeks ago.  She loved it and was dancing in the theater.  A few days ago we had a conversation:
P:  I like Rio music!
Me: It's called Samba. It's what they play in Brazil.
P: I like Samba! It's in my blood! I want to get some Samba!

Today P woke up and wanted to listen to Samba. Clearly it wasn't a phase.  I went onto iTunes and downloaded a few songs from Sergio Mendez and Astrud Gilberto. I texted Dave "want to be a hero? can u buy d soundtrack to rio? she wants it n u'll be d hero for bringing it home".  

Dave came home with the disc and the happiness/surprise/adoring look on her face was priceless....as was her dancing the rest of the night.  I love it when movies inspire culture like this!

When we sat to eat I started crying. I went to Rio 12 years ago. Twelve years ago I dreamed of sitting at the dinner table, with my family, listening to Samba and it was now happening!  It was so emotional to see my dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment