Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Good Year

The beauty of having a second or third child is that you know EXACTLY what you're in for.  I now know that a baby can sleep through a good portion of the night but I may be up pumping because my boobs are hurting so bad.  I now know I'll probably be house bound for the first few weeks as we try to settle in a routine.  

I hated the Baby Whisperer btw!  That book was useless and horrible for me.  I believe if you have the patience a schedule will evolve but to implement a schedule onto a being who's life is about needs not wants just seems insane to me. My 2 cents worth.

Anyway, and I now know what can make those middle of the night feedings or pumpings so much more enjoyable.  Dave and I were hooked on the movie "A Good Year" with Russell Crowe. I've watched it probably close to 20 times!  Late at night when I was up alone, hooked up to the pump like a cow,  I would turn the movie on and escape to the south of France.  It wasn't just the scenery. It was the dialogue, the characters, everything!   I just ordered it on DVD. Four years ago we had it DVRed so it disappeared at one point. I hope it has the same magical effect for us this time around.  

I'm also praying this baby sleeps as much as P did. P had 5-7hr sleeping sessions pretty much from the start. I only remember one night of being up for hours as she cried and cried. I finally turned on a light and saw that she had a rash all over her body.  Cool wash cloths calmed her down, reduced the redness and she went back to sleep.  To this day I am grateful for P's ability to sleep well and to sleep through anything.  

These are some of the images that make me love this movie so much:




Images from IMDB





No comments:

Post a Comment