Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Good Smells

We were at swimming class one day when a mom walked in smelling so good I had to ask her what she was wearing.  She couldn't remember but said it was her lotion not perfume because she never wore any.  She did remember that it was a patchouli and orange smell but she couldn't remember the brand.  The smell has stayed with me ever since.  It was soft and elegant without being over whelming.  

Yesterday while we were at Whole Foods I figured out a way to make my own lotion.  I regularly buy shea butter from a company called Now Solutions.  Shea butter doesn't have a smell. Well, it can actually smell a bit greasy but it does wonders for my skin.  I add a little essential oil to my pot and whip it up with my beauty stick so I can have a little essence of rose or ylang ylang.  Yesterday I saw patchouli and tangerine essential oils so I bought both and mixed them into a fresh pot.  It smells lovely! I'm in heaven and so is my skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment